Saturday 11 April 2015

LIFESTYLE// 101 in 1001 update


I've been pretty MIA recently. Well let's be honest for a long while, I kinda felt like I didn't want to blog, blogging seemed to be something that didn't matter and quite tainted by people desperate for free things or promoting the same products. I remembered that I set out on a goal type list, the 101 in 1001 and it reminded me that these goals were making me a more positive and organised person.

Life can be very focused on work, school or whatever pressures daily life throws at you so we sometimes need a nudge to remember to do some actual living. My next handful of posts will be me catching up on posting about some of the points I got up to in my blogging absence.

    CAREER GOAL // FINISH MY DISSERTATION                                                      


I did it, I conquered the beast that is the dissertation. My course is very project based so the word count didn't have to be massive but it is shocking how much research and planning that goes into it. If you're now starting to consider your dissertation I recommend getting started as quick as possible.

I also cleared out plenty of my old work as I am moving soon and it needed doing, seven years in further education studying an artistic practice gathers an epic amount of large scale paper.

    TRAVEL GOAL // VISIT 4 MUSEUMS                                                              

As part of a project I visited the Bridewell Museum Norwich. Looking for inspiration on Norwich history this was the ideal location. Filled with historical apparel and some gorgeous examples of signage it felt like a portal through time (cheesy I know). This is one of the hidden gems in my home city and as a student at the art University it is free entry. The staff are super sweet and helpful, they even offered advice on what to look at for my project. 

I leave you with some photos from the visit and shall post a few more of my 101 in 1001 through out the week.







No comments:

Post a Comment