Tuesday 19 January 2016

Shopping | Norwich Guide | Elm Hill


Elm Hill is a picturesque street in the heart of Norwich that still has most of its original 16th Century buildings. Although much of it is residential there are a handful of restaurants, antique stores, craft shops and galleries. The quirky shop windows allow an enjoyable browse, filled with intriguing objects like stamps, traditional teddy bears and toys, board games and even cats (in the gallery windows).

I remember as a child going to the bear shop with my family, wishing I could take every bear home with me and it still gives me flutters going by there. I was lucky enough to go to university around the corner from here, it was a real treat to wander down here and get inspiration. If you visit Norwich be sure to take a walk along this street for the feel of a real English heritage treasure.













No comments:

Post a Comment